Funds Managed/Advised by IVI
IVI created and managed the Michigan Product Development Fund with US$4.3MM invested in early stage SMEs commercializing computer hardware, software, instrumentation and machine vision technologies. Thereafter IVI advised in the creation and management of venture and private equity funds:
- Federal Business Development Bank of Canada on a C$100MM venture loan fund for Canada.
- International Finance Corporation (IFC), the investment arm of the World Bank, on the US$200MM African Enterprise Fund, a quasi-equity scheme for sub-Saharan Africa.
- DG XIII, the European Commission, on the Technology Performance Financing Scheme for early stage technology enterprises in W. Europe.
- Financière Saint Dominique, a European private equity investor on technology investing in W. Europe through venture loan and royalty based deal structures.
- The World Bank on the $5MM East Africa Equity Facility, a Fund of Funds for the E. African countries of Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania.
- The Government of Kazakhstan and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) on the creation of Kazak Privatization Investment Funds, the purchase, consolidation and restructuring of state-owned enterprises into a portfolio of assets.
- IFC on the US$30MM Succession Fund for South Africa.
- HP Russia on the EBRD funded, US$30MM Lower Volga Regional Venture Fund for the Russian regions of Volgograd, Samara and Saratov.
IVI transacted VC investments in Russian SMEs with the Lower Volga Regional Venture Fund and IVI staff transacted small business lending in Russian enterprises located in the Russian Far East through the US Russia Investment Fund (managed by Delta Capital).
Use IVIs Knowledge
Part of the excitement of venture capital is being able to perceive, define and capture opportunities that others do not see or cannot
exploit. Whether it be through off-balance sheet structures, project financing, quasi-equity or mainstream solutions in venture capital or fund of fund approaches, IVI has the knowledge to assess which of these are the best investment opportunities given a countrys market, its state of development and projected evolution of investee companies and the entry of corporate partners to provide investment liquidity.
Need More Information?
Go here to read investment summaries of IVI VC funds/client results
Go here to learn about quasi-equity structures and its ability to generate venture capital-like IRR
Go here to contact IVI